Aug 17, 2011
We have been learning some very important listening skills with Mrs. Bishop. She teaches us "Give me five". It is a cool way to show respect and that we are listening to someone when they are speaking.
1. Our hands are still
2. Our feet are still
3. Our ears are open (to listen)
4. Our mouths are closed
5. Our eyes are on the person speaking
These five steps really help us to remember how to listen well and show respect. Mrs. Bishop's cool costumes helped too!
Aug 15, 2011
Aug 8, 2011
We have been spending lots of time getting to know each other since school started. Kevin Henkes (an author and illustrator) has helped us to realize how we are alike and different. We like different things, we learn differently, but we all have one thing in common---we can be friends no matter what our differences are.
Check out Kevin Henkes' website below:
Listed here are several of the books we have read along with activities. Explore the site (along with our blog); it is a great way to spark a conversation with your child about what they are learning. Just ask them about Lilly, Owen, Wimberly, Chester, or Wilson, and I'm sure they could tell you all about these funny characters!
Posted by Leah Doughman at Monday, August 08, 2011
Aug 1, 2011
We are getting very excited about our new, upcoming school year. We cannot wait to meet our new students.
- Meet the Teacher/Registration Day is Wednesday, August 3rd from 12:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- ACE is $7.00 a day for one child and $5.00 for each additional child.
- Tiger Cub Folders (weekly folders) will be for sale on Registration Day for $1.00.
- First Day of school is Friday, August 5th.
- Tardy bell rings at 7:45 a.m.
- Dismissal time is 2:20 p.m. (note: this is different from last year).
See you very soon!
Posted by Leah Doughman at Monday, August 01, 2011